Did you know that you can get paid for taking water-saving measures in your home?
This year, CA had the second driest winter in 10 years. Your efforts to save water not only help to combat this environmental issue, but are rewarded through various rebate programs. Take advantage of the rebate programs in your area
- The Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program, a one-time financial aid to pay for overdue bills, up to $2,000. Eligibility varies, to see if you qualify please visit: http://csd.ca.gov/waterbill
- Sweetwater Authority offers various plumbing and landscaping rebates - and even a car wash rebate!
- Sign up for a free WaterSmart Checkup, which includes a leak and irrigation check. Please call (619) 409-6779 to request service.
La Mesa, Lemon Grove:
- Helix Water District offers incentives through SoCal Water$mart on toilets, rain barrels, sprinkler nozzles, and more. Visit the SoCal Water$mart website to estimate your possible rebate and apply.
- Helix Water District offers FREE low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators to all customers. Residential and commercial customers can pick these items up at the Helix Water District office front counter at 7811 University Ave. in La Mesa, CA.
- Helix Water District staff complete free water efficiency evaluations for residential homes. For more information, call (619) 466-0585.
- Residents can view water-efficiency rebates through the San Diego County Water Authority.
- The San Diego County Water Authority also offers several free WaterSmart Landscape Makeover Program Classes to residents.
Unincorporated San Diego County:
- The San Diego Waterscape Rebate Program offers rain-saving rebates for residents, businesses, and agricultural producers living in unincorporated areas of San Diego County. To check eligibility, review rebates, and apply, please visit the website.
For general water saving tips, please visit SaveOurWater.