DMV REOPENS REMAINING FIELD OFFICES TO PUBLIC
Extensions, fee waivers and online services available now
The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has provided relief to Californians. Here are important measures taken so far:
Drivers’ Licenses & ID Cards
- The DMV is extending all expiring driver licenses
- For a full list of extensions visit the DMV website here.
- The DMV is extending driver license permits and commercial learner’s permits.
- Driver license permits expiring between March and June 30, 2020 are extended six months or to a date 24 months from the date of application, whichever is earlier
- Commercial learner’s permits expiring between March and June 2020 are now valid through June 30, 2020. The extensions require no individual action on the part of drivers.
- For more information visit the DMV website here.
Disabled Person Parking Placards
- Permanent Disability Placards are automatically renewed by mail. Temporary placards must be recertified by an authorized individual.
- For more information on disabled person parking, visit the DMV website here.
DMV Virtual Office
- Available DMV online services include:
- Renew your Driver License or Identification Card
- Temporary Driver License Extension
- Renew your Vehicle/Vessel and License Plates
- Change your address
- For a full list of available online services visit the DMV Virtual Office here.
Additionally, select DMV field offices have reopened to the public. For a full list of open locations visit here.
The federal government has extended the deadline for Californians to get Real IDs to October 1, 2021.